JOIN US FOR OUR LUNCH MEETING.
April 5th at 12:00PM:
Director and Co-Owner, The Puget Sound Economic Forecaster
The Seattle Economics Council is pleased to welcome Dick Conway,
Director and Co-Owner of the The Puget Sound Economic Forecaster. Dick Conway is principal of Dick Conway & Associates, a
research and consulting firm specializing in regional economic forecasting and
analysis. He is also co-publisher of The Puget Sound Economic
a forecast and commentary on the Puget Sound regional economy. After a
twenty-five year run, Dick and Doug Pedersen will publish their last newsletter
Dick has served on the Washington Governor's Council of Economic
Advisors for thirty-two years and was a member of the Washington State Tax
Structure Study Committee (the "Gates Committee"). He continues
to work on tax reform, which is turning out to be a lifelong project.
In 1976, as a Research
Associate in the University of Washington School of Business, Dick built a
regional econometric model and made his first forecast. Forty years
later, he is still striving for perfection.
Our April 5 meeting will be held on the 40th floor
at the Seattle Municipal Tower in downtown Seattle
and will begin at 12:00PM.
The April 5 Event is Sold Out
- The Seattle Economics Council is excited to announce that Seattle will be hosting the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) Time-Series Analysis and Forecasting Course May 16-18 and the Certified Business Economist (CBE) exam on May 19. Both events will be held at the WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Office in Downtown Seattle - Wells Fargo Center 999 Third Avenue Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98104.
To register for the events please refer to the links below:
Information and registration for the Time-Series Analysis Forecast Course
Information and registration for the Certified Business Economics Exam
- The Seattle Economics Council is now accepting credit cards at the door for meeting and membership payments!
- We have an exciting new job opportunities from King County. Navigate to our jobs page for more details.
- Sign Up for Membership for our 2016-2017 Season now available online here. We continue to accept mail-in membership forms as normal. The mail-in form can be found here.
- Navigate to the Resources and Presentations tab for presentations from past speakers.
Become a Seattle Economics Council fan on Facebook and follow us @SEAEconomics.