JOIN US FOR OUR LUNCH MEETING.
March 1st at 12:00PM:
Chris Smith, Nordstrom
The Seattle Economics Council is pleased to welcome Chris Smith,
Director of Analytics and the Engineering Center of Excellence for Nordstrom.
With over 20 years of experience in ecommerce analytics, Mr. Smith manages a
team of almost 60 analysts, engineers, and researchers across Marketing, Store
and .Com Selling and Supply Chain at Nordstrom, which he joined in 2012. His
team provides enterprise leadership and end-users with analysis, intelligence,
data-products, guidance/training, and actionable insights to optimize customer
engagement and fulfillment through employee and systems enablement. Prior to
joining Nordstrom, he served for a decade in a variety of roles at Amazon with
diverse responsibilities in Purchasing and Vendor Management in both video and
As an undergraduate, Mr. Smith studied Nuclear Engineering at
U-Mass Lowell and received a BA Public Administration from the University of
Maine. He is currently participating in the MIT-Sloan School of Management MBA
Our March 1 meeting will be held on the 40th floor
at the Seattle Municipal Tower in downtown Seattle
and will begin at 12:00PM.
The March Meeting is Sold Out
- The Seattle Economics Council is excited to announce that Seattle will be hosting the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) Time-Series Analysis and Forecasting Course May 16-18 and the Certified Business Economist (CBE) exam on May 19. Both events will be held at the WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Office in Downtown Seattle - Wells Fargo Center 999 Third Avenue Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98104.
To register for the events please refer to the links below:
Information and registration for the Time-Series Analysis Forecast Course
Information and registration for the Certified Business Economics Exam
- The Seattle Economics Council is now accepting credit cards at the door for meeting and membership payments!
- We have an exciting new job opportunities from King County. Navigate to our jobs page for more details.
- Sign Up for Membership for our 2016-2017 Season now available online here. We continue to accept mail-in membership forms as normal. The mail-in form can be found here.
- Navigate to the Resources and Presentations tab for presentations from past speakers.
Become a Seattle Economics Council fan on Facebook and follow us @SEAEconomics.